Friday, January 26, 2007

The Blogging that you do when you have nothing much to say...

yeah...that's exactly what I am doing now. It's been more than a week since my last post. The weeks pass by very fast. The part time teaching job really keeps me busy.

At times I manage to pause for a while and let my mind wonder.... wonder what my friends are doing right now. Wonder how my boys are coping in the hostels.. and many times I wonder how much longer will I get to enjoy this life..

After over 20 years of teaching, I notice that in general (I said, IN GENERAL) studetns are less committed in their work than students 20 years ago. I notice that my current students are not too keen to think a bit further than what they are accustomed to.

For the past 2 days, I've locked the lab and the lecture room. I was just tooo annoyed with students who come late to class- they would just walk casually, with no sign of guilt or hurriedness. The fact that I told then ON THE FIRST day of class that I am very particular with punctuality didn't help much. I hope my action on these last few days eventually relayed some message to them...

In the mean time, I'll be kept busy with the exam papers that I have to prepare...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Puan Sabariah, I was your student some 15 years ago - hope A Level 10 was not in your list :)
Anyway, M14 was quite notorious among other classes.Good to hear from u :)
My son just started going to PREP school now and only God know how worry I am about his education nowadays.
-amigo-

9:44 PM  
Blogger busymum100 said...

Salam... Amigo!! How can I forget a student like you.. I still keep the Raya cards you used to send me year after year...

Bringing up kids? That's something you'll learn more and more along the way ;-)

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home