Sunday, May 06, 2007

The First Meet Since 1958!!!

Last Friday I managed to bring my pa-in-law to meet his old friend, Tuan Haji Hamdan, who also happened to be my principal in 1978-1979. Both of them were classmates in 1958 when they were in Sultan Idris Teachers' College, Tanjung Malim, which is now known as Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI).

We left Shah Alam just after the Friday prayer, and in less than 20 minutes we were at Tuan Haji's house in Petaling Jaya.

It was a very emotional meet and I managed to capture the early moments:




It was an interesting afternoon meet- they talked about their common friends, some of whom have passed away :-(
What I remember is that they have 5 friends by the name of Yusof, and all of them hailed from Terengganu!!

I couldn't get myself to take any pix while they were having the conversation - it was so personal and private.

Howver, my little girl, Aina, who came with us, agreed to snap this pix before we left:


PIL, me, Tuan Haji's missus and Tuan Haji (my MIL was not well, so she couldn't come along).

With the modern communication facilities (mobile phone, internet, etc..) do we have to wait that long to meet our long lost friends?? We'd better not!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home