Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Day Trip to Fraser's Hill

Yesterday dearest hubby (DH) and I made a last minute-planned day-trip to Fraser's Hill (FH). Honestly, this was the first time we made a day trip to that place, ever since our first trip there in in 1996. Before this we would always spend 1 or 2 nights there.

Why the day trip? Because late Friday night I found out that Prof Pakdin and gang were going to FH to look for some rare flora. It sounded too good for us to miss. On the other hand, Aina had some projects to do with her friends at the State Library, so she couldn't follow us. Luckily Bok (our no.2) is still on his semester break, so we got Bok to take care of her while we were away.

We left home at 7.15am, and arrived at Gap at 9.15am. By 10am, we were at the clock tower to meet up with Pakdin and gang for the trail.

I couldn't find my walking shoes so I decided not to join them in the trekking. Instead I joined 4 other guys (Dashuki, NFahmi, Seme and WHusmi) on their phtographic shoots around FH.

These guys really took their time. But it was worth it, because they produced very nice pix, and I am waiting for them to put on their flickr pages which I have linked to their names above.

I was too lazy to take out my digital camera, instead I just snapped a few pix using my sony-ericsson phone:

Now, this is very serious photography!


On the top left is part of KTM's Glen Bungalow, which was used in a Petronas commercial - for a scene in winter, with snow (tonnes of salt) outside the house.

Photographic discussion??


Later when these guys were done with their shoots, I joined Pakdin, Dato Noramly and DH for lunch at a cafe behind the mosque.

After lunch, they wanted to see another rare tree on the ridge nearby, so since I was not properly dressed (I was only wearing sandals), I decided to stay back at the roadside while they trekked uphill.

It was a shot stint, because soon after I heard their voices again.

Shots at that place:

Here among the thick bushes, they climbed up.


Not long after I was left by the roadside, Pakdin reappeared..


followed by DH


and finally Dato.

After that, we went to Jeriau waterfall. I didn't take any pic but you can click on the links to DH's gallery or Pakdin's for some of the pix.

Pakdin and Dato left soon after 6pm, and we managed to reach the gate for the down flow trip to Gap at 4.37pm (they close it at 4.40pm).


We stopped at the Sg Buluh R&R for dinner at Kaya Kopitiam and headed home feeling tired (especially DH).

What a brief but enjoyable trip!

You may want to click on one of the following:
Pakdin's Collection of the day's shoot
DH's collection

3 Comments:

Blogger Dashuki Mohd. said...

Thank you for your hospitality... habis makanan kena sebat he he he...
next photo shootout nak ikut dok ? Ada juga org boleh ambik gambar :-)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Maheswor Maharjan said...

Well, back to stone age again..? haha..just kidding. IT'S MAHESH Sabariah..!

6:25 PM  
Blogger busymum100 said...

Hi Mahes!

So you have a blogspot account too?
I look forward to reading your blog :-)

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home