Thursday, February 14, 2008

I am Going to Vote Again!



The parliament was dissolved yesterday, and today the Election Commission (EC) has announced that the election day will be on the 8th March 2008.

I first voted in the late 1980s (in Ipoh, Perak), and I've lost count on how many times I have voted (in other words I don't know how many elections there are so far!). But one thing for sure I have not missed any single opportunity :-)

This year I will be voting in Shah Alam again.

I know some friends who are of my generation and have yet to register, let alone to vote :-(
And some of these people are among those wo complaint a lot about the way the country is, about the government, etc..etc... Some of them are actually public figures (i.e. holding senior posts in their careers). If they are reading this blog, I would like to urge them to register with the EC so that next time they don't miss the chance to vote.

My vote? That's a secret :-)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home