Monday, November 27, 2006

Meeting Tuan Haji Hamdan


During the SEMESTA AGM last Saturday (yesterday!), the highlight was actually the arrival of Tuan Hj Hamdan Ab Rahman, our 3rd principal (read more here).

After leaving the school in 1978, this is the first time most of us who knew him met him!

As for me, the last time I met him was when I went to Pusat Perkembangan Kurikulum in early 1984, when he was attached there. (I went there to look for some relevant material for my project entitled "Mathematics Education in Malaysia". That project was part of my honours year requirement in the Dept of Applied Mathematics, University of Adelaide.)

Actually earlier that day, Tuan Haji told me that he may not be able to attend our Raya-do, since he was so busy with other activities and commitments, so it was indeed a very pleasant surprise to me when he actually made the effort to show up. Many of us, who were his students couldn't resist getting out of our seats to welcome and greet him - it was in the middle of the performance by the group "Brothers"!

Only much later we remembered to snap some pix with him, which I have included here:

Tuan Hj in kopiah


Hilmy, Tuan Hj, SEMESTA's Presiden & Rusli alias@Slipiah




Note: this post is in-progress. Can't spend much time today, got other engagement. I'll come back for more remarks, and hopefully more pix.

1 Comments:

Blogger hilmy said...

La... gambar I from side view!! (profile tak comel la...hehehe), tak sempat nak pose. You know that day, I left my camera in the car. My driver pun tak perasan and he brought it with him to Klang while waiting for me to call him after the meeting. Malang sekali.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home