Monday, June 18, 2007

Bangkok

We took the Air Asia plane on Thursday evening, arriving at Bangkok about 2 hours later.

The Thai immigration was one of the slowest I've encountered lately (the slowest to me was in Saudi way back in 1988, and also when we went for our Haj in 2003).

DH had a pleasant surprise at the immigration counter. On seeing Dh's passport stating his place of birth as "Kelantan", the office asked him "Boleh Kecek Kelate ko?" (can you speak Kelantanese?). He told DH that he came from Sg Golok! :-)

Outside the airport, my dear friend Siriwan was already waiting for us. She then took us in her Corolla Altis to our B&B place, Ban Tarinee. Siriwan booked the place for us. I have to say that the place is really nice, cosy, homely and very private!

The next day, Siriwan came to fetch us at 9am, as promised. We went downtown, and parked at the Thammasat University compound. WE then walked via a crowded (but very interesting street) towards The Grand Palace. I have been here before, when I first visited Bangkok in November 1998. We thought it'd be good for Bok and Aina to visit the landmark. It was a very hot day (in "summer"), and before long DH, Bok and me each got terrible headache. I think DH had a heat stroke. We lost so much water but I guess didn't replenish enough. We soon adjourned to MBK Mall for lunch in a cooler place!

Anyway, some of the pix:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home