Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thank you, Fairuz

Today, I met up Fairuz Jaafar at Bkt Raja Shopping Complex. I went there with my son, Ayi.

Initially we thought we would wait for Fairuz before we adjourned for lunch so that maybe all three of us can have the meal together. However, soon after that we figured out we were too hungry to wait for him :-(

After exchanging a few sms-es with Fairuz, Ayi and I finally went to have a simple lunch at the food court. Even when we were long done with our lunch, Fairuz was yet to be seen. I soon gave up, and decided to go to the nearby pharmacy, when he called. He was at the food court, looking for us! So, we went back to the food court, and had a quick chat there.

Fairuz was one of my mentees when I was a lecturer in UNISEL. He came to see me today to pass me the gift that he meant to give me almost 2 years ago!! It's a very nice Sheaffer pen. I must remember not to lose it!!

Actually it was not so much about the gift, and in fact I had really forgotten about the gift (he told me about it when we met briefly after the convocation in UNISEL last year) when we arranged for today's meet. It's the relationship and trust that we've built up between us over these years that is really precious to me.

I am glad that Fairuz has finally finished his studies and is now working for one of the mobile telephone companies. I wish him all the best and I'd like to thank him again for the baeutiful gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home