Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MARA Oh Mara!

This morning at 8.40am, I tried my luck again at calling MARA.
I was lucky at the 3rd ringing the operator answered me, and when I asked for the extension that Iwanted , a guy promptly answered my call. Wow, I was lucky, I thought!

I asked for the lady whom I've been trying to contactfor the past 2 weeks (not counting the several times I called in Nov just to find out from her that "they haven't opened/created a file for my son). I was told she's engaged. Humbly and sounding disappointing, I told him that I've been trying to call her for the past 2 weeks without any luck.. Then he re-directed me to another line.

True anough the lady answered my call. I introduced myself, and ask him about my son's monthly allowance. Same answer - they've processed it and now it's at the Finance Dept (now, we are talking about JANUARY allowance, which was supposed to be paid at the beginning of the month!). Am I supposed to call the Finance Dept to ask?? I don't think so - that's their internal matter. I only want to know when my son will get the money :-(

Ok, I changed the subject, and asked about the computer loan - my son submitted the application form with all other details soon after he had settled down in his university (that was in early September 2007). Then she said something about her having to prepare the offer letter (??). I was thinking of other students who bought the computers (notebooks) in malaysia, and have gotten the loan long long ago. Why must my son's application be so much longer to process? We wanted our son to buy in Canada so that if there is anything wrong with it, the warranty is valid there. If he bought it here, there's the risk of him losing it in the journey to Canada, and also we have to buy the international warranty.

OK, never mind, 2 down, i asked her how should my son send his recent semester results. Her answer was "Hantar kepada penaja lah" (Send to the sponsor). Then I ask her for the specific mailing address, because I know MARA is huge!! the mai lcould get lost :-(

She then said to me "Puan, kami sedang baca doa sekarang ni" (Maam, we are now in the midst of prayers". I said to her "Last week pun masa saya call, tengah baca doa..." i was really disappointed. Then she said "Oh, kami baca doa hari-hari". What the F***? I was thinking to myself. I said "OK", and put down the phone!

Baca doa hari2? Why? Don't they have enough doa at home? during prayers? in the car while they are caught in the jam also they can baca doa, man! Why must it be during office hour? Why EVERYDAY? Banyak doasa ke?

I thought I called early in the morning so that I can catch her - because soon after, she'll be away on meetings etc... Furthermore, if late in the day, I might be engrossed with my work too, that I may not remember to call her.

Well.... I got to go back to my work. MARA...MARA... Why not rename it to UNDUR?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home