Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Meeting Shazwan

Note: My blog may not be well-composed as (like most mum) I am very busy today, but I just need to write this "report" ASAP, as promised to my gang who couldn't physically be with me yesterday.

Picture taken after we settled his school fees!

As for me, apart from the Majlis Qurban, my other mission was to meet up with Shazwan.

We met in the dining hall at about 12.30pm. When asked how he came to school yesterday, Shazwan said he came alone. I told him my friends (uncles and aunties) sent their salam and best wishes. They also congratulated him for his excellent PMR results. We were so happy with his achievement - from a mere 3A trial results (when we met him in Aug), to 8As in the real PMR exam!

We talked for quite a while. I managed to gather that his father was 39 years old when he died, and having served as a government servant for less than 10 years, his pension is only about RM100 per month. He told us that his mum received the first pension payment only recently.

When I asked him if he had paid his school fees (a total of RM534.50),his answer was negative. What he didn't know was that by then, I've collected enough money to settle the fees from my ever supportive friends (farisians 1979). .

Even the Alumni President (standing between Shazwan and me) congratulated him.


After informing him about the zakat money from my gang for him, we decided to make the payment promptly. I personally went to pay his main school fees of RM364.50 followed by RM140 for tabung PIBG.

Shazwan paying for his exercise books (Cikgu Razuki in red t-shirt, Cikgu Zainuddin in yellow shirt, Hasamudin standing next to me)

I then gave him a RM50 note to pay for the "exercise book' package (RM30), after which he tried to return the change of RM20 to me. When I told him to keep the money since it was his, he looked very surprised and touched. On top of that, I surrendered to him the remaining cash that was meant for him. In total, he received abt RM130 cash.

Everybody was happy for Shazwan

Zuhdi, Hasamudin & Nasri adviced him to stay focused in his studies, and warned him that form 4 is actually a critical year, and not a "honey moon" year as generally perceived.

Before I left, the principal told Shazwan to salam the "uncles" who has helped him pay the fees, and we managed to capture this picture:

Shazwan with Zuhdi & Nasri (Kojak not in the pix)

I left at about 1.30pm, as I had to attend to a wedding do in Melor, before heading back to Shah Alam. I however managed to meet Cikgu Hamdi briefly, as he arrived moments before I left. When I was on the way back to Ketereh, I received a call from Cikgu Ashaari who had just arrived in school. He apologised for being late, saying that Azlan (Farisian 1977) came to visit him. Well, Cikgu, it's ok, since he is also an x-student who values you - all is not lost... and I think it must have been a good day for you too, as much as it was for me!

To all my friends (SMSKel 75-79) who have contributed and supported me in this mission, I would like to extend my gratitude again. You guys/gals are a hell of a bunch!! Some of you are so far away (as far as Saudi!) and yet I can always count on you!! Terima kasih daun keladi....

Note: Due to heavy traffic on the trunk road (KB-KL), we postponed our "departure" to after maghrib. While we were stuck in Machang, I got a call from Yasmin. She has just just heard about Shazwan and is so happy too to hear the good news (actually she received my sms about Shazwan getting 8As, but she forgot the name of the boy we met last Aug, and thought that Shazwan is just one of our kids! LOL!!). Knowing Yasmin, I know she'll give Shazwan a surprise too. My batch has decided to "adopt" Shazwan all the way until he finishes his secondary school.

2 Comments:

Blogger syazliana said...

terima kasih sebab tolong syazwan..dia seorang anak yg taat dan rajin..kawan yg baik jgk..terima kasih..

9:53 PM  
Blogger busymum100 said...

Avec plaisirs, ma cherie!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home