Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy New Lunar Year!!

Though belated, I would still like to wish my Chinese friends a very prospherous New Year!!

My special thoughts go to to Hiep ang Binh in Hanoi, Liang in Beijing, Ellen in Nanjing and Sovan in Dubai. I bet it's not easy for Sovan to be so far away from from his family (in Phnom Penh).

Even though I met Liang in 2005, I've yet to see her little baby (who is by now not so little anymore).

Ellen is one person I miss a lot. We've not net since we departed in September 2004 at Narita Airport. She's also busy with her own bundle of joy.

Every new Lunar Year will remind me of my old Chinese friends. Though they may not be many but they surely mean a great deal to me. Chua Siew Hong who was my dormmate for 3 years!, Fung Seng Onn who lent me his expensive Canon AE-1 when we were in form 4 and 5, Lo Fui Meng (Miri) and the 3 boys from Penang Free who were good matriculation friends in Adelaide.

I also hope all my former Chinese teachers had a great New Year celeberation too. I can still recall those from primary school : Mrs Lee Sek Hong and Mr Lee (Math 1970). Secondary school: Mr Toh Ah Huat (Integerated Science 1975), Mr Lye Kim Yong, Mr Lee Soon Ching and Mr Lim Seong Pek.

My fellow collegues from my SMTeknik Ipoh days: Mrs Lee Chee Lian, Mrs Cheah, Mrs Su and the guys who I can't recall their names but they certainly stay in my memories as helpful friends who made my early years of teaching more tolerable and meaningful.

Ah yeah... from my SMTeknik Kuala Lumpur days: Miss Tan SH who guide me a lot in the Mathematics teaching.

My UiTM friends (see if I can remeber them..): Lai Choo, Madam Lee (who's now Dr Lee in UM), arghh..... my memory is failing..... :-(

My PRIME College days: There are so many of them. Among them are Datin Kee (who gave me her trust to work there), my mentor/boss/friend Kee E-Lene (whose HP no has since disappeared from my phone book, no thanks to my lousy Samsung HP), Melina Yong, Dr Ngoh (who's now in UM), Mrs Lee, Mis Tan, Cindy, Madam Kay, and many others. Though my stint in Prime was only 1 year, I mostly enjoyed it there. I still remember the pot lucks we had and the lunch breaks that we shared...

And last but not least, my newly found Chinese friends at SAHMs e-group who are all over the globe.

And I wonder why our leaders now want to talk about Muhibbah (integeration)?? We've been doing it for decades with no political motive what so ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home