Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bangkok and Ayutthaya

The last time I visited Bangkok (the only time too) was in November 1998. It was much cooler then. Now is summer, and the following day I found out how hot it could be.

On our second day (Saturday, 16th June), as planned, Siriwan came to fetch us with her husband, Witnai. Since it wa s going to be 6 of us, they came in their Nissan Cefiro (a bit older that the Altis, but with more space). DH, Bok, Aina and i fit in fine at the back seat (with some re-arranging and adjustment).

Our destination for the day was Ayutthaya!! Ever since I got to know Siriwan during our CICC-Japan days, I've told her that the next time I visit Bangkok I'd love to visit Ayutthaya, so that was where were heading that day!!







DH has blogged here and here.

A big thank you to Siriwan and Witnai for the hospitality!! Both of you really made our trip very memorable. I am sorry that Siriwan was not well and had to drive us around. We hope to see both of them again in the future, preferably in Malaysia! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home