Sunday, August 19, 2007

Fully-occupied School Holidays! and Welcome to S Alam to my "Sisters from Kelantan"

Yes, the school holidays are back. To us, it started on Thursday, when our no.4 came back from Kota Bharu. Yesterday, I drove alone to Seremban to fetch no.5. Later, last night I drove south again to fetch no.2 from MMU Cyberjaya - he would like to spend the weekend at home with his younger siblings!

Today, I had an eventful day too!! Early in the morning, I got an sms from and old school friend (she's 2-yrs my ssenior). She called to inform that there were 8 of them who had just arrived from Kota Bharu. They are here for a re-union of their batch (Class of 1977). I knew about the re-union earlier, but I didn't know who among the 'girls' would attend it, until I got the sms today!!

Soon, I was at the hotel that they are putting up for the night. We had a good time reminiscing the good old days :-)
Alas, all good things will end, and for me, I had to leave them to fetch my son (no.2) from the hospital where he had a doctor's appointment. But I didn't leave them without popping into the hall where they were supposed to have their function. I was lucky enough to have the chance to meet some of the guys too. Zailan, as a member of the organising committee was very kind to me. He even gave me one of their gathering momentoes - a commemorative t-shirt!! Thank you Mr Zailan.

Later in the day (about 3pm), I got a message from my presiden that there was no membership application form at the above function. (Well, the Class of 77 invited Mr Presiden to address them). What an excuse to "make myself busy there, and get a chance to meet the others who were not there, when i left earlier? ;-))

So, by 4pm, I was in the hall with them again. I managed to distributed the forms (after the MC made the announcement about the availability of the forms). Several of them returned the forms with their fees almost immediately. To these friends, I thank ALL OF YOU from the bottom of my heart!!

I am very happy that I got to meet many other seniors. Surprisingly (yes, I was surprise myself!) I can remeber some of their names and recognise many of the ladies!!

(It's a pity I forgot to recharge my camera battery, so I didn't get to use it to capture special moments and faces from the meet! I just hope I will later get to use some of the pix from some of them who were there!)

I got back at 6pm, just to remember that I promised another friend to meet her. So, that was what I did, and came back home at 8pm, just to be reminded that we (the family) planned to go to Putrajaya to see the fireworks display!!!

So, at 9.10pm, I found myself driving to Putrajaya. The fireworks started at 10pm sharp and lasted for 20 minutes. Luckily on the way home, DH took over the driving ;-)

So, I actually ended the day with a bang (of fireworks?!!)

Now it's in the early hours of 19 August 2007. Later today at 2.30pm, we will have our alumni's AGM. I will not be defending my post (Deputy president) and would love to see my adik-adik (juniors) to take over the leadership of the society!!

So, it's time to call it off for now... and i look forward to the AGM later today ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home