Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Gigantic Jakarta!

Last Friday night we arrived in Jakarta for a short 2 night visit.

On Saturday morning, we visited the Mangga Dua shopping area. The taxi dropped us in fornt of ITC Mangga Dua. I didn't really get to enjoy the visit because soon after we arrived I started getting a terrible headache that lasted until late at night.

I didn't feel that I miss much because it was never my intention to shop in Jakarta. We are here to visit the place and meet another of my CICC-friends, Yudi, who works with Oracle in Jakarta.

We had lunch at a nearby food court. It was simple but filling.

Soon, we went back to our hotel, Raddin Ancol, which is situated inside the Ancol Theme Park.
My headache was so unbearable that I opted to stay in the hotel room while DH, Aina and Nubli went to visit the nearby SeaWorld.

The following morning (Sunday), we checked out at 10 am. Soon Yudi arrived with his missus, Lies, and their kids Andhika and Putri. We did a quick round of the park and stopped at a beach to buy some toys.

Then we headed for downtown Jakarta. I am not good at narrating the journey, so I will leave it to DH. Please click here and here.

We visited a few landmarks of Jakarta before we headed to the Jati Negara Market to get some souvenirs.

After lunch, we went to the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah. I was really fascinated by the size (it is really huge that you have to drive to get from one "region" to another). We only managed to visit some of the houses. Personally I think I need a good full day to be able to visit all the various houses (from various regions of Indonesia Archipelago) and the various museums that they have there!!

Yudi later took us to Carrefour Tamini (taman Mini Indonesia) to get some "layered cakes" and also to get some caps embroidered with our names.

Yudi did a lot for us that day. Finally he sent us to the airport. By then, Andhika was much more friendlier with me :-)

We took the 8.30pmk flight home. We only reached home just before 2am the following morning(i.e. yesterday morning)!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home