Saturday, August 25, 2007

And I hate the Monkeys!

Sunset at Kuta Beach

Last week was a very short week for me. After the AGM on Sunday, hubby, 3 kids and I flew to Bali for a 4-night holiday.

We stayed at Melasti Beach Resort, in Kuta. The place is very strategic, close to amenities, and a halal "Kebab Palace" is just across the street.

In short, what do I think of Bali? Too expensive (food, and souvenirs alike) and just too touristy to my liking. The island is not that big but the narrow roads make driving a bit stressful (even though we had a driver to drive us around!). The average speed was only 35km/hr or at most 40km/per. Except for a couple of short stretches of bi-passes, most of the main roads reminded me of our village roads in my hometown, really!!

So what did we do there?

Monday: checked into the resort at 8pm.

Tues:
Leisure walk at Kuta Beach (north), and visited the Bali Bomb Memorial.
Spent the evening at the new Discovery Shopping Mall that faces the sea. Had "es teler" - nice and yummy. watched sunset there.

Kuta Beach in the morning. The lady tried to talk me into getting massage

Wed: Went to Segarapura, Besakih, Kintamani, droved passed Ubud (too crowded with tourists that we decided not to stop at all), and back to hotel room.

Thurs: Drove passed Denpasar (just to see the place) on the way to Tanah Lot. Then drove south to have a Nasi Padang lunch. Later headed to Nusa Dua (nice beach and lagoons too!) and Uluwatu. Yes, at Uluwatu, a monkey grabbed my glasses! I went blind in seconds! I was about to cry when a young guy (as if it was all planned) gave the monkey some nuts. It threw my glasses on the other side of the concrete wall (facing the sea!). The young man jumped over the wall to collect my glasses. When i went to get my glasses, he told me to pay Rp20,000 to the lady nearby. Was that coincident that the man was nearby to help??? I don't think so!! And for him to fix a price for "helping" me??.... I just hate the monkeys!!

Fri: Last minute visit to the nearby bazaar to get some cheap t-shirts (cheap by quality, not by the prices!!) for the kids. Then headed to the Ngurah Rai Airport (Ngurah Rai was a local warrior). Had RM20 per set meal McD lunch before catching our flight home at 2.40pm. We arrived at LCCT at 4.55pm (a good 30 minutes AHEAD of schedule!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home