Thursday, July 05, 2007

Padang(Sumatera) Here I come!

Yes!! Tomorrow morning we'll be flying off to Padang for a 4D3N trip, and again thanks to Air Asia - Now everyone can fly!!

After a few hectic weeks of various chores and tasks, I really look forward to this trip (never mind I haven't finished my blog on Bangkok!).

What am I looking forward too? Friends have been kind enough to remind me that Padang is a shopping paradise for people like us who want to look for embroidered blouses, textiles, etc...

On the other hand, when I searched for interesting places to visit, I found out that the great writer Hamka hailed from Maninjau, which is nearby Padang. I hope our package tour will include a stop over at Hamka's house.

And today I managed to find some related links to refresh my memory of Hamka's infamous novel "Tenggelamnya Kapal vander Wick". I read the novel when i was still in primary school and enjoyed it very much. The book was borrowed from a friend whose brother was studying Malay literature in University Malaya then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Salam,
Pn Sabariah, I am back in Malaysia now for a month holiday. How's the vacation? Just saw some "interesting" tupperware stuffs belong to my sister and remind me of you being a Tupperware Manager :)
Can I get some discounts if I were to buy from you ? :)

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home