Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Ccolek Meeting





I wrote here on the planned meetingh at the Ccolek place.

Hence, after a few phone calls and countless sms-es, we eventually met up last Friday night at the said place. I went with DH (Dearest hubby), daughters (Nuni and Aina) and MIL(ma-in-law).

It was really nice to be able to meet up CNI, Mat Yee (I used to call him plain Shukri, but I've been hearing the guys calling him Mat Yee once too many, so now I call him Mat Yee too), Nasri Chik and Nasruddin. I managed to call Zamri Dabong but when I left (DH, MIL, daughters and I left much earlier) he was no where to be seen. My apologies go to Sakiam for forgetting to confirm the meet with him.

As for the place, my family think it is over-rated. Between my family and the guys we had squids, crab, fish (ikan kembong), jemput and chicken too - all fried in batter. The batter was tasteless (not a tinge of salt or whatever in in) and the sauce aka ccolek was not worth shouting about :-(

On the way home, all 5 of us kept on wondering how the outlet manages to have patrons coming in the dozens.....

Pix of the guys taken by me, using Nuni's camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home